Our goal is to provide the highest quality education in the most enjoyable and friendly atmosphere possible. In pursuing this goal we work hard to attract the best and most qualified faculty and staff to our program. We also work hard to build and maintain up-to-date computer laboratories which are crucial to our programs. Through our internship program as well as our faculty consulting and volunteering, we interact regularly with our local industry so that we continuously exchange ideas to the mutual benefit of both the business community and the university. Our goal is to bridge the gap between theories and concepts presented in the classroom and real life business and industry needs and practices.
In the next five years, we have charted a course to develop many exciting and challenging projects. Some of which are given below:
- Continue to refine our joint masters program with School of Business and Economics. (MS-MIT)
- Continue to develop and refine our joint masters program with Mathematics. (M.S. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science)
- Develop a masters program in computer science.
- Develop a masters program in Software Engineering.
- Develop an excellent teaching and research environment for our students and faculty and aggressively recruit the best and brightest to our department.
- Prepare for accreditation of our B.S. in Computer Science by the Computer Science Accreditation Board (CSAB). Accreditation by CSAB will externally validate the quality of our programs.
- Continue to improve our laboratories.
- Continue to expand our Community Outreach efforts.
- Mentor our students, and support their learning, research and creative activities.
If you are considering majoring in Computer Science or Informatics, we would be pleased to hear from you.