Advising for Computer Science Students

If you have not yet declared your major/minor/certificate please contact Mr. Paul Foltz, CLAS Student Services Recorder, at 520-4214 (DW3300B) or

  • Make sure all your credits have been transferred. If not bring a copy of your old transcripts to the appointment.
  • Read the B.S. in Computer Science requirements from
  • Use the Credit Transfer Service tool to find how your courses will transfer to IU South Bend. If you are transferring from Ivy Tech refer to the links listed under additional resources.
  • Send an email to the Department Secretary to setup an advising appointment with the following
    • Dates/Days and Times that you can meet
    • Mode of the meeting (face-to-face, online, or phone)
  • Register for classes

  • You should be meeting with your academic advisor prior to registering for the next semester. For instance, if you need advising for Spring semester courses, setup an appointment during the previous Fall semester.
  • Find your current advisor information or email
  • Send an email to your advisor to setup an advising appointment with the following
  • Register for classes

Frequently Asked Questions