Every year the Computer and Information Sciences (COIS) Awards Committee has the pleasure of selecting the John P. Russo and William J. Knight Scholarship recipients. COIS faculty congratulate the scholarship recipients and applaud their achievements.
- Purpose: The John P. Russo Fund for Academic Excellence and William J. Knight Scholarship have been established to provide financial support to current undergraduate (B.S. in Computer Science and B.S. in Informatics face-to-face) and graduate (M.S. in AMCS with Computer Science and Data Science focus areas) students majoring in Computer and Information Sciences (COIS) at IU South Bend. The basis for these awards is demonstrated potential for academic excellence in COIS. The awardees will be selected annually by the COIS Awards Committee.
- Who can Apply: Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Deadline: March 15
- Scholarship Amount: Varies (typically $500 to $3,000)
- Application and detailed requirements:
- List of Past Scholarship Winners
- Awards Ceremony: Awards are typically presented at the CLAS Honors Night during the academic year when the award funds are disbursed, which is held on the Thursday evening before graduation. In addition to the Award Certificate is typically provided by the Department and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the scholarship recipients typically receive a cash award between $500 to $3,000.