Faculty Research Areas
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering (University of Texas and Arlington, 2006).
- information security
- data stream
- complex event processing
- CS education
Ph.D. in Computer Science (University of Connecticut, 2010).
- Quantum computing
- post-quantum cryptography
- algorithm analysis and design
- heuristic search.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (North Dakota State University, 1993).
- database management systems
- operating systems
- distributed systems
- object-oriented software engineering.
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics (University of Poona, India, 1996).
- Computational analysis of genetic macromolecules
- application of statistical learning methods to biology
- alternative splicing and splicing arrays.
Ph.D. in Quantitative and Mathematical Psychology (Purdue University).
- Cognitive science and artificial intelligence
- especially psychologically plausible artificial vision and problem-solving systems.
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering (University of Notre Dame 1998).
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Multimedia applications
- Computer Architectures
- High-Performance Networks
- Software tools for parallel and distributed computing systems.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (Vanderbilt University, 2004).
- software engineering in general with emphasis on software dependency
- software reuse
- software maintenance
- open-source development.
D.Sci. in Computer Science (University of Neuchâtel, 1997).
- genetic algorithms
- scientific visualization
- parallel computation
- information retrieval
- artificial intelligence.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (Illinois Institute of Technology, 1993).
- harnessing the power of naturally inspired computation to solve real-world problems
- visualization in science and medicine
- cognitive science
- computer science education.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (Wayne State University, 2005).
- wireless networking and mobile computing
- Quality of Service
- real-time computing
- sensor networks
- network security.