Admission and Program Requirements
- Candidates for admission to the program are required to hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and promising application materials.
- An applicant whose past academic record is not sufficiently strong (low GPA, undergraduate degree completed too long ago and work experience not in the field) could qualify for admission by scoring 150 (600 old scoring system) or higher on the quantitative test of at least one GRE. If GMAT scores of comparable percentile are available, they can also be considered.
- Although no specific undergraduate field of study is required, students with satisfactory competence in undergraduate study of basic computer and mathematics subjects will be encouraged to apply. Generally, these will be graduates with undergraduate degrees in mathematics, computer science, chemistry, physics, biological sciences, engineering, secondary mathematics education, business, economics, and other technical fields.
- Students who do not have appropriate background in computer science or in mathematics are also welcome, but may require additional course work.
- In addition to the above, applicants whose native language is not English should submit proof of such proficiency (TOEFL) by the time they apply for admission. For more information, please consult the IU South Bend English Proficiency page.