We welcome your interest in the M.S. in the Applied Mathematics and Computer Science degree. To help you with your planning, here are some application guidelines and general information about the program. Please refer to the IU South Bend Graduate web site at for additional information.
In order for your application to be complete, we must receive the following:
- Application for Admission
- Personal Statement
A letter of 1 or 2 pages addressed to the graduate director stating your motivation for joining the program.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members who can speak to the applicant’s academic qualifications.
- Applicants: please use the online application to provide recommendation information. For recent graduates, we encourage at least one letter from a faculty member.
- Referees: if you have not been contacted by the online application system and you have not received this information from the applicant, mail or email your recommendation letter to the graduate director (see contact information below). The letters of recommendation should address the applicant's potential for academic excellence and anything else that you deem useful for the admission committee to know.
- $40.00 IU South Bend application fee ($60 for International Students)
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary school attended.
- Evidence of an earned, 4-year, Bachelor degree.
- Acceptable TOEFL score for non-English speaking applicants. (We currently require a minimum score of 80 in internet-based tests.)
- GRE score if available (the current expected minimal quantitative score is 150 or 600 in the old system).
Please have the materials sent to:
Indiana University South Bend
Mathematical Sciences Department
1700 W. Mishawaka Ave.
P.O. Box 7111
South Bend, Indiana 46634-7111
For Additional Information:
Contact the program's graduate director, Dr. Liqiang Zhang by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (574) 520-4297, or by stopping in room 331 of Northside Hall.