The objective of an internship at the Archives of Indiana University South Bend is to offer practical archival experience to individuals interested in working with primary documents and in pursuing careers in archival administration or library science. Interns will receive an introduction to archival practice and gain a broad understanding of how an archives—in particular, an academic archives, works.
Students will engage in the following tasks:
- Assist with processing archival collections
- Create finding aids and inventories for collections
- Assist with reference requests
- Provide support in development of displays
- Aid Archivist in the completion of daily work