The Dorothy Allen Memorial Mathematics Scholarship provides current international undergraduate and graduate students majoring in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at IU South Bend with financial assistance in completing their degrees. The basis for the scholarship is demonstrated potential for academic excellence in Mathematical Sciences. Only international students are eligible for this award.
Recent Scholarship Recipients
|2017||Marie Danielle Aissatou Bekolo, Naike (Salima) Fofana|
|2010||Doan LeSenlin Li|
Recipients must have a declared major in Mathematics, be full-time students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate students and a minimum GPA of 3.5 for graduate students. Undergraduate students must have completed at least four core courses (MATH-M215 and above) in Mathematics, and graduate students must have at least 12 graduate mathematics credits at IU South Bend. The application deadline is March 15.
- Declared major including BA in Mathematics, BS in Applied Mathematics or BS in Actuarial Sciences, with a minimum of 45 credits toward graduation (30 credits of which should be taken at IU South Bend).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Completion of at least 4 core courses in Mathematics at IU South Bend.
- Full time status (12 credits or more per semester)
- Registration in at least 3 credits of mathematics per semester (6 credits per year)
- Declared concentration in Mathematics.
- Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of at least 12 graduate mathematics credits at IU South Bend.
- Full time status (9 credits or more, or students who are enrolled for thesis credits)
- The Mathematical Sciences Scholarship Committee will select one or several awards annually and a typical award will be $250 to $500 per academic year.
- The awards committee may choose to disburse the funds as follows:
- Cash award (one or two installments per semester)
- Tuition reimbursement (two installments per year)
- Fund for attending research conferences (approved by student's advisor)