PhD Contemporary Spanish American Literature, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1998).
Dr. Fong-Morgan teaches all levels of Spanish language, writing, literature, and culture.
Study Abroad Participation
Instructor of record for Costa Rica summer abroad for Indiana University, 2017
Developed Costa Rica summer abroad for Indiana University
Instructor in-country Oaxaca, Mexico, Summer 2015
Spanish coordinator of Cuernavaca, Mexico program
Latinx Young Adult fiction, second language acquisition, language learning for professions.
- Bridging the L1-L2 Divide: Learner-Centered Instruction in the Heritage/L2 Spanish Classroom in Handbook of Research on Promoting Cross-Cultural Competence and Social Justice in Teacher Education. Ed. Jared Keengwe. IGI Global. Hershey, PA, USA. Pp 270-286. 2017. A 5-year longitudinal study 2010-2015.
- Instructor’s Resource Manual to accompany Plazas, 3rd edition. Thomson Heinle ISBN 978-1-4282-0616-8. Thomson Heinle, 2008.
- “Escribiéndonos a nosotras mismas: las experiencias femeninas heterogéneas en La felicidad” Chapter in Memorial de una escritura: aproximaciones a la obra de Marjorie Agosín. Chile: Editorial Cuarto Propio. Pp. 60-75. December 2002.
- "Musical Frontiers in Martin Fierro" in Musical Migrations (refereed collection; ed. Frances Aparicio) from Palgrave Press published November 2002.
- Amigas: Letters of Friendship and Exile (epistolary novel by Marjorie Agosín & Emma Sepúlveda; translation by Bridget M. Morgan) from University of Texas Press, 2001.
- Article recommending work in O: Oprah Magazine, November 2001, pg. 176. Adapted for Professional Theater, Nevada Shakespeare, 2003.
- We Chile: Personal Testimonies of the Chilean Arpilleristas. Ed. Emma Sepúlveda. Translation. Oral histories of mothers, wives, sisters, and daughters of desaparecidos who denounced the dictatorship through textile art, song, and dance. Virginia: Azul Editions, 1996.
- “Oscar Hijuelos” Introduction to all works to that date. Reference Guide to American Literature, 3rd. ed. Detroit: St. James Press, 1994.
Other Positions Held on Campus
Member, Faculty Academy for Excellence in Teaching, Indiana University 2004-present
Director, University Center for Excellence in Teaching, Indiana University South Bend 2009-2012
Relevant programs and curriculum created for Indiana University
- Advance College Project. Dual enrollment program in Spanish. (2002)
- SPAN S160 Spanish for Medical Personnel. Online. (2003)
- SPAN S206 Spanish for Public Services (2014)
- SPAN T190 and T390 Mexican Culture and Society (taught during study abroad) (2015)
- SPAN T190 and T390 Costa Rican Culture and Society (taught during study abroad) (2016)
- Costa Rica: Living in a Blue Zone. Language and Culture Summer study abroad program (2017)