Returning students new to General Studies
If you are a returning IU South Bend student that will be new to the General Studies Degree program and have been out for greater than one year:
- You must complete and sign the Returning Student Form, you can get this by contacting the CLAS Advising Center.
- Ask at the CLAS Advising Center to make an appointment to get the form signed.
- Tell them that you are a returning student and want to check out the General Studies Degree program.
- Bring the Returning Student Form to the advising appointment and have the advisor sign the form.
- You then take this completed and signed form to the Registrar's Office
- Once your account is active in the system so that we can review your transcripts, email email@example.com to schedule an Information Session
Provide the following information in your email and be sure to send it from your official @iusb.edu email account:
- Student ID number
- Phone number we can reach you at
After attending the session, if you determine that this program is a good fit for your goals, you then complete, sign and turn in the Application for General Studies (included in the Advising Toolkit you receive at the Information Session). This begins your major switch to the General Studies Degree program.
NOTE: To verify your transcripts are active, go to
- Student Center
- My Academics and Grades
- View My Unofficial Transcripts
- Academic Institution: South Bend
- Report Type: Unofficial/Cur Enrl/All Career
Click Green Button "View Report" (report will appear if active)