New to the IU system and interested in General Studies?
If you have not attended any Indiana University campuses but have 30 or more credits you believe will transfer from other institutions:
Review the IU South Bend General Studies Degree requirements to be sure this fits your goals and needs, including the required 30 IU South Bend residency credits and minimum sophomore status.
Apply for admission to IU South Bend through the Admissions office.
Once you receive your acceptance letter and have 30 or more credits transferred and showing active within the IU system (under your Student Center, see below), you can then schedule an Information Session which is the first step requirement for all students considering an IU South Bend General Studies Degree.
- Contact the General Studies Degree program department office at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we have for current available sessions.
Provide the following information in your email and be sure to send it from your official @iusb.edu email account:
- Student ID number
- Phone number we can reach you at
- Confirmation of your transcripts being available for us to work with (found in Student Center)
After attending the session, if you determine that this program is a good fit for your goals, you can then turn in a completed and signed application for General Studies (this is included in your Advising Toolkit that you receive during the session).
NOTE: To verify your transcripts are active, go to
- Student Center
- My Academics and Grades
- View My Unofficial Transcripts
- Academic Institution: South Bend
- Report Type: Unofficial/Cur Enrl/All Career
Click Green Button "View Report" (report will appear if active)